Wednesday 17 October 2012

The NaNoWriMo experiment


This year I'll do it! I'll actually attempt to write more than 10,000 words in a month, even if most of it is shit. Because in November, quantity kicks quality's ass!

If you're the world's biggest procrastinator and prefer looking for kitten mittens online (even if you don't own a cat) instead of writing, this is your chance to prove to yourself that you are not a total waste of carbon. Try this with me, and fail miserably at it (or not)! It will be fun :)

4 comments:

  1. OK this is brilliant, although 50,000 words in 30 days is .......daunting!! Alla, what the hell!! LET'S TRY IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already did the math: It's 1666 words a day, OR if you have a rough outline of a book in you head that has say 25 chapters, it's 2000 word per chapter. The secret to finishin NaNoWriMo is not to think about what you write or how you write it, just write! It will get you going and in the end you'll have a very rough first draft of something you can work on later! I'm psyched you decided to join! My nichname's "lexithon". What's yours?

      Delete
  2. It is daunting but I did last year with thre or four days to spare. I won't be doing it this year - to busy with other things. One of the downsides I found was that I had to leave off work on another project to do NaNo - and I can't see where to take one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos about last year Ron! As long as you keep working on other projects I think it's fine. I decided to participate because I can't stop overanalyzing everything and leaving projects unfinished due to this fault. I wish I could just write like a normal being, but that is not possible...

    ReplyDelete