Wednesday 7 November 2012

NaNoWriMo – Day 7

Ok...so I've made it through the first week of NaNoWriMo without signs of exhaustion, depression or the feeling of utter despair in sight of everything I cannot accomplish. Instead I've managed to write 10,019 words of what I am hoping will become my first book so far and I have to say: I feel pretty damn good!


The biggest revelation NaNo has offered me is the following: Without the constant weight of thinking about everything I write while I write it, I am free to just invent the world I want, not thinking about all that might be wrong, concentrating on the story, because I have a goal: Those 50,000 words by the end of November.

This is the first time in my life I have felt like I could actually do this and  not just dream about it. So, to all considering participating in NaNoWriMo I can only say: Go for it!

On a different note: Who watched the latest episode of  The Walkind Dead last night? I was pinned down on my couch, clutching onto my boyfriend's hand, hoping what I was seeing wasn't really happening. It was one of the most heartbreaking moments I have experienced as a viewer of TV shows and I felt a deep sorrow after the show ended. Talking about the episode later last night with my boyfriend I asked him the following question: If there had been a zombie apocalypse and he had been bitten by one of those nasty cannibal freaks, would he want me to kill him and save whatever human trace of him was left inside his body before he turned all Hannibal on me, or would he want me to tie him to a tree and let him be? Live and let eat, right? 

To me the answer is clear: I would never want to become one of those things. I would rather have a bullet through my brain before I tried to eat a living thing (a cow, a dog, or maybe my favourite neighbour, see Love thy neighbour). It's a no brainer, right?

8 comments:

  1. I would wanna be a zombie. No dying for me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...I know :) Not even if it meant eating me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with week two - we are going to keep the bus moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going with the NaNo you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very proud of you! Go on :-)

    ReplyDelete