Wednesday 14 November 2012

Me ... again

So, I did some soul-searching and decided to update a few things about my blog.

1. Appearence

Let's face it. This blog is not a beauty-pageant winner. It's not even close. It watches the contestans from way back in the audience, then looks at its leg-warmers, mini-skirt and baggy sweater and hungs its head in shame.

It's not that there aren't great templates to choose from. There are. To be honest, though, I would really like to personalize it. Until now, I haven't taken the time to see how I can make it better (I hate buttons and they hate me) but I am willing to experiment since I have some spare time on my hands (brought to you by a very recent tonsillectomy!).
 
As soon as I find a way to shrink my pictures from one million ultra-mega-dragon-bytes to just the few thousand Blogger allows, I will get to uploading fotos I took with my very own camera, to make your entire reading experience much more .... well, me!

Until then, I will just use a simple template for the sake of all our nerves.


2. Content

I am really not enjoying some of the stuff I wrote some years ago. It's good to accept your mistakes when you (yes you!) recognise them as such. No one becomes better at anything without breaking some eggs or legs, to make an omelete ... or was it a cake. I don't know. So I'll delete some of the posts and try to make up for the lack of content with new ones.

3. Themes

My posts in the past have wavered from those with a general theme, to those with no theme, to those where I just ramble on and on and on .... Well, you get the picture. I commit myself to, from now on, only write about the following subjects:

Art
That includes books I read, movies I watched and music I listened to and liked or loved. I refuse to spend energy anymore writing about things I don't like. It's time-consuming and who needs negativity in their free-time? Not me.

Writing
Mostly my own but also that of others, as well as useful tips for your writing, ones I find on other blogs, sites etc. or things I learn as I go along and want to share with you.

Travelling
I love it and unfortunately don't do it enough anymore. BUT, when I do get to escape from my routine, I will try to update with impressions from my experiences abroad or just... broad, without rubbing your nose in it too much.

So that's it.
That's the new, improved me! Here is a picture:

Me, proving that age is just a number baby

2 comments:

  1. Well done for finding time to do this. I look forward to seeing your new look.

    ReplyDelete