Saturday 9 March 2013

Scream

So, I'm in the kitchen, finishing up the dishes after dinner, and I think to myself: "You have to check your Scribophile page."

For those I haven't yet filled in, Scribophile is my latest addiction. But it's not a habit I'm going to quit any time soon.

Scribophile is an online community for writers, where they can post their work and receive critiques from other members of the site, in order to improve their craft. It is a great place to post stories you want to submit to a publication or a contest, since the crits will note any grammatical, continuity, characterization and other error you might have missed. It's also an even better place to meet like-minded people!

Anyways, back to the story!


So I log in, and see the red sign indicating that I have a message. Now, I have been waiting for big news for the past couple of days and have been checking my page obessively. But when I saw the little red message, the thought that this might be the news I was hoping for, never crossed my mind!

I click open.

I start reading.

I stop ....

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

"I am pleased to inform you that your work has been accepted for inclusion in the YA Anthology Pride."

My first publication is a fact :))

This is me, keeping my promise of screaming it from the rooftops and on the blogosphere (Burning the Midnight Oil).

And to close this post I will paraphrase a great man's words: "That's one small step for me ... a giant leap for my ego!"

1 comment: